DunGen can generate high resolution caves ready to use in your favorite virtual tabletops. Take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions for help. If you like it, make sure to check out my Patreon page for some cool perks.
- Seed: The seed is a unique alphanumeric code of up to 12 characters. Assuming the same options are being used, the same seed will always produce the same cave. The reason for a seed is so that you can recreate a cave you already generated (for example to recreate the same cave with a different theme, or changing the corridor density), or more commonly to create one based on a phrase you like.
- Theme: Each theme uses different graphics to generate the dungeon, and on average there's been a new theme added every two months. The layouts should be the same for each seed.
- Map Size: Determines the size of the final image in units. They go from 12 x 12 to 50 x 50 for a maximum image size of 7000 x 7000px at 140px tile size.
- Layout Style: The type of cave generated.
- Tile Size: The tile size determines the size in pixels of each square in the grid. Fantasy Grounds uses 50px, but most virtual tabletops such as Roll20 and Astral use 70px as their default. Increasing the resolution even further allows you to zoom in without any loss of quality or pixelation.
- Corridor Density: The chance for additional corridors sprouting from each room.
- Peripheral Egress: How many exits there are in the cave.
- Unconnected Rooms: Check to remove unconnected rooms.
- Dynamic Lighting: Foundry will generate a JSON file, Fantasy Grounds an XML file and Roll20 will allow you to copy the text directly on this page for easier access. You can find out how to use each file in the Frequently Asked Questions page.